Fr Fernández Artime Ángel was born 21 August 1960 in Luanco-Gozon, Asturias, Spain; he made his first profession on 3 September 1978, and took perpetual vows on 17 June 1984, in Santiago de Compostela, and was ordained a priest on 4 July 1987, in León, Spain.
A native of the Province of León, he gained a Degree in Pastoral Theology and a Licentiate in Philosophy and Pedagogy.
He was Provincial Delegate for Youth Ministry, Rector of the School atf Ourense, a member of the Provincial Council and Vice Provincial, and from 2000-2006 he was the Provincial Superior.
After being part of the Preparatory commission which prepared the 26th General Chapter in 2009, he was appointed Provincial of South Argentina, based in Buenos Aires. In this capacity he also got to know and work personally with the then Archbishop of Buenos Aires, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, today Pope Francis.
On 23 December 2013, he was appointed Superior of the new Province of Mediterranean Spain, dedicated to Mary Help of Christians. But before he could take on this new role, on 25 March 2014 he was elected by General Chapter 27 as the new Rector Major of the Salesian Congregation and the 10th Successor of Don Bosco.
- Vicar of the Rector Major: Fr MARTOGLIO Stefano
- Councillor for Formation: Fr COELHO Ivo
- Councillor for Youth Ministry: Fr GARCÍA MORCUENDE Miguel Ángel
- Councillor for Social Communication: Fr DOS SANTOS MENDEZ Gildásio
- Councillor for the Missions: Fr MARAVILLA Alfredo
- Economer General: Bro. MULLER Jean Paul
- Councillor for the Africa-Madagascar region: Fr OWOUDOU Alphonse
- Councillor for the America South Cone region: Fr ROMERO Héctor Gabriel
- Councillor for the East Asia-Oceania region: Fr NGUYEN Thinh Phuoc Joseph
- Councillor for the South Asia Region: Fr MICHAEL Biju
- Councillor for the Central & North Europe Region: Fr JACHIMOWICZ Roman
- Councillor for the Interamerica Region: Fr OROZCO SÁNCHEZ Hugo
- Councillor for the Mediterranean region: Fr PÉREZ GODOY Juan Carlos
- Secretary General: Fr VANOLI Stefano
- Secretaries: Fr ZINGALE Antonino
- Secretaries: Fr COSTA Giuseppe