Last Friday, May 26, two novices concluded their experience and professed as Salesians of Don Bosco for the Saint Paul Salesian Province that includes Thailand, Cambodia and Laos (THA). Fr. John Bosco Dheparat Pitisant, Provincial, presided the Eucharist in the Salesianum of Sampran, where Br. Andrew Surachai Rattanayomngamdee and Br. John Bosco Prak Ieth, said yes…Read More
What we do
About 50,000 children could attend basic education supported by DBFC and about 10,000 young persons learned a skill that allowed them to look for a stable job and rising their standard of life (1991-2013). It has been possible thanks to join efforts with donors, volunteers, associations, other organizations, government, past pupils and many others.
Don Bosco Children Fund (DBCF) was created by DBFC to support children from vulnerable communities to be able to attend schools. Between 1992 and 2004 there were 4,646 children attended by the DBCF. It has also a special chapter for the attention of children with HIV or with HIV parents.
- DBFC rejects any proposal of orphanage tourism.
- It does not participate in programs of child adoption.
- In order to apply to be a volunteer in any Don Bosco project in Cambodia, you have to provide a referenced CV and a police record. DBFC does not request fees and it does not support any volunteers’ business organization.
- Any staff at DBFC, including volunteers and donors, have to follow a code of conduct when meeting minors. No child must be let alone with any adult without a proper assistance.
- Photographies and videos of children under the care of DBFC or related to it, request a special permission and audition.
- Gifts or special donations to children or students under DBFC care must be done in coordination with the due administrative departments.