Volunteers for Technical Education & Children Fund
The Don Bosco Foundation of Cambodia offers opportunities for volunteering to any person of any country with the will to support children and young people with their time and talents, especially in education and social work. Persons applying to be volunteers in Don Bosco must provide enough information about the preparation, skill and a police statement. People affiliated to a volunteer association can apply through their association, which must celebrate an agreement with the Salesian project in Cambodia.
It is important to know the following policies:
- Don Bosco Cambodia is a non-for-profit and charitable organization. Volunteers do not receive stipends, are considered non-salariate personnel and must assume expenses for international transport and an international insurance for health and accidentes.
- Volunteers must speak a fluent English language to be able to communicate with the Cambodian communities.
- Volunteer candidates must provide references and police statement to ensure child safety and educative methodology.
The following is a list of areas where volunteers can support the Cambodian projects of Don Bosco:
- Audiovisual production.
- Information Technology.
- Secretariat (office administration.)
- Industrial Mechanics.
- Hospitality (housekeeping, front office, food & beverage, culinary)
- Arts (music, painting, sculpture)
- English learning.
- Social Communication & Journalism (Media).
- Social work for the Children Fund.
Volunteers must meet this profile:
- Have experience or like to teach to young people.
- Capacity to work with people from a different culture and language.
- Able to use IT resources and to create bridges of communication with youth and teachers who speak Khmer language and whose English is not too much.
- To stay in the technical center not less than three months (ideal is 10 months) – The Cambodian academic year starts in the middle of October (September is holidays).
- Fair level of English (English is a must).
The Technical Schools can offer the following:
- Lodging (a room, it can be common or individual.)
- Transport inside Cambodia in things related to your service.
The volunteer must provide:
- His/her own transport from your country to Cambodia and viceversa.
- Expenses for visa (the Foundation can assist you to apply for a volunteer visa.)
- Medical expenses (you must have an internacional insurance.)
How to apply
- Curriculum Vitae in English with your photo profile and contact information (Skype, H.P., Facebook…)
- Police record.
- Record of experience on education.
- English level certificate for volunteers coming from non-native English countries.
- A letter of request of the experience as a volunteer in Don Bosco stating for how long you would do your service.
Volunteer services can be done in the following provinces:
- Phnom Penh.